Liquid eyeliner can help you make a number of different looks that range from bold to simple. A lot of women prefer liquid to pencil liner because it's easier to apply and doesn't smudge. If you have wanted to learn how to apply this, here is your chance! It's actually pretty easy to apply once you get the hang of it, so don't be scared. Within no time you'll be ready to try out a bunch of different looks.
After you choose the liquid liner that you like, you need to shake the container. This will mix the formula up so that you don't get any color coming out that isn't right. Just do a couple of gentle shakes and you will be done!
Gently run the tip of the brush along the line of your eye so that it covers the area that you want. Start with a small line and then add another if you want something that is thick. It's also important to remember that you should not stretch out your eye while doing this. Stretching out your eyelid will only cause the liquid liner to clump when you release it.
After you have applied the liner, you are done! Just wait a few minutes for it to completely dry and then you can apply your mascara. If you want to go for a dramatic look, use the pen to create a cat-eye on the edge of your eye. Practice on both of your eyes to get the hang of the process. If you mess up, don't worry and simply start over.
- Stretching out your lid will also cause you to develop wrinkles over time, so it's best not to do it if you can avoid it.
- If you are having trouble with the application process, draw small dots on your eye line and connect them together. This can make it easier for you to see where you should be marking so you make a smooth line that looks nice.
- There are a lot of different colors of liquid liner to choose from, including very black and even brown.
- Different applicators need to be handled in different ways. If you are using an applicator that has a top with a tip, make sure to dip that into the bottle before you apply.
- If you are going to wear eyeshadow, you might want to apply it before you put the liner on. This will ensure you don't have to watch out for the liner when you are applying the shadow.
- If you get the liner in an area where you don't want it, put some makeup remover on a cotton swab and remove it. This will get rid of only the eyeliner that you want without having to worry about removing the rest.
- If you have sensitive eyes, you might be better off using pencil liner or even gel liner. These are less likely to get in your eyes while you are applying them.