Knee clicking is a common and painful problem that is common with older people, those with weak muscles, those who exercise with wrong techniques, sportspersons, and athletes.
Knee clicking is common and anybody can experience it while straightening it or climbing up the stairs or getting up from the bed, but it is a matter of concern if it is accompanied by pain. This could be a serious issue and it is time to pay attention to the issue so invest in the right kind of online medical products.
Causes for knee clicking
- Muscle injury or muscle Tear. Each joint has two menisci both on the outer and inner side of the knee and this acts as a shock absorber and lubricator in our knee joints. This meniscus is prone to injury and gets injured easily during sports or exercises or accidents or falls. They become weak with age and start getting tired easily in older people.
- With age, these muscles start becoming weak gradually they start wearing and tearing and a condition called osteoarthritis and arthritis develops and this is more common in women.
People with such symptoms have swelling, swelling, and throbbing in the knees gradually develops in the wrist, ankle, and finger joints. Sometimes there is grinding, crunching once during the movement in the knees.
- Cartilage Injuries and damaged cartilages are the main cause of clicking knees and knee pain. With age, they become weak and get damaged easily.
When should We Consult A Professional Diagnosis?
Some symptoms may be very clear and some may not be that evident. A doctor or a physiotherapist may help to diagnose the problem. If the following symptoms are very clear then professional help is a must.
- If there is swelling or redness around the kneecap
- If the joint is tender
- If the knee is stiff and unable to bend
- And if the knee is painful and clicking
What are the Treatments for Knee Problems?
Swelling, pain, or stiffness in the knee could be a minor problem or a serious issue. A doctor will diagnose the problem and suggest medicines, medical supply and exercises relieve the pain and stiffness and increase mobility and knee health.
These may be gentle physical exercises, physical therapy, and stretching exercises, and some painkillers. A few knee support items may also be suggested by the doctor.
What do the knee support devices help in Knee problems?
These devices are very helpful in knee pain and stiffness. And these are of great help to sportspeople and those who do very stannous exercises. This gives help in supporting and stabilizing the knee and helps in preventing further to the joint.
- Knee straps are a band that is tied around the knee and is very helpful in treating the runner’s knee. This puts pressure on the tendon and provides support to the knee. This can be adjusted according to the area which is to be compressed.
- Knee Brasses are the most helpful thing in giving support to the knee especially to the weak and unstable knees. These brasses give stability to and support injured knees, relieve pain and prevent further damage.
These braces come in various types, some have bars and hinges, some are unloader braces which help in unloading stress and pressure from the knee joint. To increase mobility and reduce stress on the knee joint, an open patella design is suggested.
- Knee Sleeves also provide support to the knees and give compression which helps in reducing the swelling and improve blood circulation which helps in healing. The use of a knee sleeve helps in giving extra support and compression. At the same time, it does not affect mobility. During extra exercises these help in reducing muscle fatigue.
- Knee exercises help in reducing the pain and prevent further damage but this should always be done under the supervision of a specialist. There are many types of exercises.
- Quad Set Exercises are performed in a sitting position with a leg straight in front and toes pointing up. The quadriceps are tightened which leads to knee flattening, thus building strength in the quads.
- Wall squat exercises after quad set exercises to increase the intensity are done. This is done by standing against the wall with feet about the shoulders apart.
- Hamstring Curls also support the knees, can be done lying down or standing. In this, the knee is bent and brought towards the buttocks very carefully.
How to maintain healthy knees?
Bodyweight should be maintained so that no extra burden is put on the knees. Wearing comfortable shoes and a good and healthy diet with omega -3 fatty acids and online medical products are very beneficial for knee health.