PST is an Outlook data file that stores the MS Outlook data in the client's desktop that can keep data up to 2 GB. A PST file is created by Outlook and other Microsoft products and you cannot transfer contacts from PST to iPhone. To make this transition happen, you will have to first convert the PST file in a format that is acceptable to the iPhone. A vCard (or VCF) file is a virtual contact file that can easily transfer contacts and is recognized by iPhone.
There are two ways to do this task. One is a manual method and another one is an automatic way.
The smart way has many benefits over the manual method such as it does not require you to have Outlook installed on your system. To export all contacts from Outlook to vCard, you will have to simply install PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter. This software will first convert the PST file to VCF and then you can import it into your iPhone.
Key Benefits of the Tool
1. Transfer multiple contacts from PST to iPhone in a single attempt.
2. Convert corrupt, password-protected, orphaned PST file to iPhone.
3. Maintains folder hierarchy and preserves the attributes of the contact.
4. Quickly scans and loads the PST contacts & then adds them to the tool.
5. Supports all MS Outlook versions i.e. 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
1. Download and install PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter software. Add PST file(s) or folder to it.
2. Now, the tool shall scan the PST files for any corruption before it adds them.
3. Here, you can preview the attributes and details of the contacts and choose those that you wish to convert.
4. Finally, click on vCard, browse a location to save this file, and hit the Export button.
Import VCF to iPhone
5. Compose a mail and attach the newly created vCard file.
6. Send this mail to your iPhone account.
7. Open your phone and use the contacts app to access this file.
8. Now, the vCard will get auto-synced with your iPhone contacts.
1. Launch MS Outlook and click on the File option.
2. Choose Open & Export and select Import/Export.
3. Tap on 'Export to a File' and choose comma-separated values.
4. Select the folder to Export & choose a location to save this file.
5. At last, map the custom fields and click on Finish.
It creates a CSV file, now to import this CSV file to your iPhone, you can follow steps 5 to 8 as given above.
In this blog, we have mentioned two different methods to transfer contacts from PST to iPhone. Due to some major drawbacks imposed by the manual method, we have also provided a better solution that will produce perfect results for you. The tool we recommended here makes sure that your data is safe and suffers no loss during the conversion.